Transferring or Shipping your firearm through Sturgis Guns:
Want to buy a firearm from your next-door neighbor? Protect yourself and legally have the firearm transferred at Sturgis Guns. We make it simple. We do the paperwork for you.
1. Both parties stop in to Sturgis Guns located at 2324 Junction Avenue, Sturgis, SD.
2. Bring in proper identification, South Dakota state issued id.
3. Pay a simple $25.00 transfer fee. Payable with Cash, Acceptable Check, Debit or Credit Card. There is a 3% fee for paying with Debit or Credit Card.
4. Complete the ATF NIC’s 4473 form. The receiving party must be able to pass the ATF NICs check. If the receiving party cannot pass the ATF NIC’s check, the transfer will not take place. The receiving party will still be responsible for the $25.00 transfer fee.
Find the perfect firearm online? Ordering a firearm from another dealer? No problem. We love transfers. You can easily have your gun shipped to Sturgis Guns for pick up.
1. There will be a $25.00 transfer fee. Payable with Cash, Acceptable Check, Debit or Credit Card. There is a 3% fee for paying with Debit or Credit Card.
2. You must pass the ATF NICs check to receive your firearm. If you are unable to pass the ATF NICs check, you will be responsible to pay the $25.00 transfer fee and all fees associated with shipping the firearm back to the originating FFL.
3. If this is not paid within Three (3) business days, the firearm will become the property of Sturgis Guns.
4. Sturgis Guns is not liable or responsible for the condition of any firearm shipped to Sturgis Guns.
Complete the following: